WRÅD x 500e. Engineered to Ignite Change.
Can the most iconic item of FIAT become a driver for circular economy and innovation?
WRÅD together with FIAT have developed an innovative capsule to celebrate the launch of the Nuova 500. A dynamic collaboration that has inspired unique and synergic partnerships, manifesto of a new culture of design that must increasingly become more inclusive, circular and collaborative. WRÅD x Nuova 500 is a tangible expression of this culture.
This unique tone of grey is obtained thanks to the recycling of 40gr of graphite powder, by-product of graphite electrodes also of FIAT, otherwise destined to landfill. An innovation inspired by tradition. Engineered to Ignite Change.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL BENEFITS
Chemical dyes have been replaced by recycled graphite powder, a non toxic by-product of industrial manufacturing processes. Manufactured in Portugal, mineral dyed and finished in Italy.
Mineral-dyeing with graphite powder is a service WRÅD has been working on since day 1. Why?
- It helps reduce water consumption in the dyeing stage by 90%.
- It is non toxic.
- It is a great substitute to chemical dyes.
- And it perpetuates a piece of Italian textile history which goes back to Ancient Roman Times.
- 100% organic cotton GOTS Certified
- G_PWDR Technology: this item is mineral dyed with recycled graphite
- Hypoallergenic & Skin Friendly
- Smart label featuring an NFC tag that allows you to access the sweatshirt’s unique provenance. Developed in partnership with 1TrueID